Monday, November 28, 2005

Victoria & Albert Museum

On your Next Trip to London - which I am certain you are all planning the next trip across the big pond oh-so-soon....you simply MUST get to the Victoria and Albert Museum http://www.vam.ac.uk/!

Some of the works of art are originals...some are replicas - but I couldn't tell a difference and it was trully awesome to see the statues and plaques on the walls!!





This is a HUGE Golden Door - where each panel told a story - I think it was of the biblical story persuasion....I really REALLY wish that when I was taking these pictures I was writing down what it was I was looking at.....cie la vie - keeps me out of copywright infringements.......











This is a neat wall statue.....very uh.....poignant.......










Of Course - the MOST fabulous highlight of the V&A museum was the replica of Michelangelo's Statue of David......I took some other shots from other angels that aren't suitable for publication - if you know what I mean.......But this statue was FRIGGIN' HUGE!!







As you can tell - after the David.....I was at a loss....couldn't keep my mind on what statues were what....so these are the statues that piqued my interest to a certain degree after viewing David in detail.....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]