Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Haven Coliseum - Dec 11 2005







Then one December Day - the light of day could be seen clear through were heart of where the Coliseum once stood. The 4.5 acres of land is slowly opening up to a new era and in the infancy of a new Century.





I walked by the newly open air that day...and paused upon looking up at the blue seats in the corner above. I remember a day long ago....a summer when Terri, Marcia and I all held tickets to see J.Geils. For the most part - the "stories of that night" remain entrusted in the three of us - but as I looked up at those very stairs - the ones I "fell UP" after having WAAY too much Pepermint Schnapps - I had to smile. After falling up the stairs - I continued to dance the night away to lyrics such as:
" My blood runs cold
My memory has just been sold
My angel is the centerfold
Angel is the centerfold"

Ahhh....Good Times!! ( The rest of the summer I was on crutches! )




Who knew that one day I would work next door to this historic site. Where on Dec 9, 1967 the Lizard King was fined $25 for disturbing the peace.

"Blood in the streets in the town of New Haven....."


The Demolition will be upon us soon...most likely on an early Sunday morning.....


....stay tuned....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]